Sunday, January 17, 2010

Yes, this is a BGE blog.

In my 5 years of using Blender, and, more specifically, the BGE (Blender Game Engine), I have seen my share of BGE related blogs.

Here's why most of them suck:
  1. They're written by people who know very little, if anything, about the BGE, or the BGE community.
  2. They don't have a cool blog name, accompanied by a thoroughly awesome banner.
  3. They're written by people who are just down-right boring, and who should just spare us the 497th update relating to some unrealistic project that we all know they're never going to finish.
I'm not promising that this blog won't suck, but if it does, it won't be for any of the reasons listed above.

I'll basically use this space as a soap-box to talk about my thoughts relating to the BGE (obviously), the people who use it, the games they (try to) make, tips, tricks, quips, my anger when someone posts a 10 MB .blend and asks: "What's wrong with this?"....and so on.

Right now, I plan for one entry per week, which should be just enough time to absorb something new and interesting on the forums, and then put it all in perspective here, at "The Blend With No Name".

4 comments:

  1. Yay. I'd do a blog myself, but i don't have the time. Mind you, mine would mostly fail because of #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't plan on actively advertising this blog, so noticing the link in my BA forum signature is the only way to get here (for now).

    Congratulations on being first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing tips and tricks.

    ReplyDelete